Volunteering in Indonesia
The Republic of Indonesia is the largest archipelago in the world comprising 13,466 large and small tropical islands fringed with white sandy beaches, many still uninhabited and a number even still unnamed. Indonesia has a total population of more than 215 million people from more than 200 ethnic groups. Culturally, Indonesia fascinates with her rich diversity of ancient temples, music, ranging from the traditional to modern pop, dances, rituals and ways of life, changing from island to island, from region to region. Yet everywhere, volunteer feels welcomed with that warm, gracious innate friendliness of the Indonesian people that is not easily forgotten.
Our ProgramAs IIWC collaborate STV (Workcamp), VSTV (Weekend Work camp) and long term volunteering to achieve each project goals, therefore, all STV and VSTV project sites are the IIWC Long & Middle term Volunteering (LMTV) project sites as well. Two camp leaders (or one for small group) are volunteering together in STV and VSTV.They are volunteers who are selected, trained, and mandated several responsibilities to facilitate and lead the workcamps. However, the successful of a workcamp is determined by the team work.
Short Term Volunteering (STV) also called as workcamp is an international volunteering program where volunteers stay 1 – 3 weeks for the project. Volunteers work in teams. There are 5-15 for volunteers volunteering together in one workcamp.The workcamp volunteers are expected to be team players, be able and enjoy exploring ideas especially on the implementing part of the project.
Very Short Term Volunteering (VSTV) or as well-known as Weekend Workcamp is an international volunteering program where volunteers will stay less than 2 weeks (3 – 5 Days).
Long-Middle Term Volunteering (LMTV) is an International Volunteering program where volunteers will stay at least a month until maximum 12 month. While STV and VSTV are organized seasonal, LMTV projects are open the whole year.
2. English is the official language within the groups. But, most of our local partners are not capable to speak in English. Basic Indonesian language skill will be appreciated.
3. We do not received international individual volunteer, you must apply through our partner organization in your country.
4. Volunteers are requested to bear their own health and travel insurance
5. Once you received our admission email, please read carefully all the Infosheet BEFORE THE PROJECT START
6. Realize that the living conditions in Indonesia is different than at home (no warm water/ not clean/no air-conditioning/not easy access to international phone or internet/not easy transportation all the times/ no soft beds/ bugs/mosquitoes/different food etc.)
8. We expect all the volunteers to be open minded, leave prejudice behind and show initiative.
9. Flexibility is expected from everybody as well as the realization that the Indonesian way of life and work is less stressed and should always be fun, no matter how hard the work is!
10. Creativity and ideas for the work, discussions, the campsite, excursions and free time are expected to come from the volunteers. Share your thoughts and ideas!
|International Volunteer||Local Volunteer||Camp Leader|
|Very Short Term Volunteer||140 Euros||IDR 200.000,-||FREE|
|Short Term Volunteer||180-220* Euros||IDR 500.000,-||FREE|
|Long-Middle Term Volunteer||230 Euros / Month||FREE||FREE|
- Local transport for project
- IIWC T-shirt
- IIWC certificate of participation
- Management Fee
-Material for the camps
Please keep it in your mind that all personal expenses (including health & travel insurance) and free day expenses are excluded. * 220 Euros for STV Outside Java Project
|Visa Exemption (Link: http://goo.gl/S0Gz8A ) For ASEAN Countries & More than 80 countries||30 Days||Free/Not Extendable!|
|Visa On Arrival (Link: http://goo.gl/8LNC3z ) For more than 80 Countries||30 Days||Cost US$25 - US$35(Depend on Entry Airport) Extendable 30 days|